Original Plum Street Pottery in 1920

About Plum Street Pottery

Who We Are

We are a small family run company founded in 1920 by our grandfather and local friends and neighbors. We started as New Jersey Porcelain Company, a manufacturer of porcelain bathroom accessories, electrical insulators and cabinet hardware. Eventually as our electrical products declined we purchased one of our customers, Lenape Products. Lenape serviced customers like Sears, JC Penny and a multiple of bed and bath shops.

There is one thing guaranteed in business which is business is always changing. Most of our domestic competitors were like us, family owned and operated. At one time, Trenton was one of the pottery capitals of the US. There were at least six local ceramic manufacturers. Today, one remains, a speciality electrical component manufacturer. As times changed we changed. We closed our manufacturing facility and started importing ceramic bath hardware from Thailand.

Today our primary customers are The Home Depot and a variety of maintenance supply companies. Looking to diversify our customer base we started Plum Street Pottery. No secrets about the name, our address is 600 Plum Street. Initially we strictly sold ceramic bath hardware on Plum Street Pottery, including towel racks, the original spring loaded replacement towel bar, Lenape’s Re-Place-A-Bar, soap dishes, corner shower shelves, robe hooks and toothbrush and tumbler holders.

We recently added artisanal inspired stoneware and porcelain dinnerware from Gibson Elite, Dansk, Denby and Noritake. In addition, some really remarkable art glass and decorative ceramic vases from Lenox and Orrefors/Kosta Boda were added.

Remarkably after 99 years we remain a small family business dedicated to our customers!